ECAIC Announces Logo Competition
Community-focused graphic design concepts needed to reflect creative mission
Emmaus, PA: Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Center (ECAIC) has announced a community-wide logo competition and is seeking submissions to brand the center. The executive board, headed by Emmaus businessman James R. Baker, hopes the winning logo reflects the dynamic energy of creativity and innovation in ECAIC’s work to create a thriving intergenerational arts and innovation community in Emmaus.
The ECAIC has begun what is expected to be a four year project of developing an arts and innovation center on South 10th Street. Located in a 35,000 square foot warehouse/office building owned by Phoebe Ministries, across the street from the senior housing they are developing, the space will serve as a valuable community resource. It is expected that the center will foster collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurship in the visual, performing and culinary arts. The board is working to ensure that Makerspace, instruction and studio space, in addition to other resources, be available to artists, inventors and innovators. Ultimately, the facility will provide a space for people of all ages to create and connect through cross-generational, traditional and emerging arts education, as well as hands-on experiences.
The logo competition is open to residents of Emmaus and the Lehigh Valley starting November 8, 2019. Electronic or physical entries will be accepted until midnight on December 8. The winning entry will be selected in early January with the help of the Emmaus Arts Commission, who has agreed to serve as judges. Special consideration will be given to intergenerational team collaborations.
To learn more about the ECAIC and how to submit an entry to this competition, fill out this form. Electronic submissions will be sent to: contact @emmauscreates.com.
Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Center Logo Design Competition Rules
The ECAIC executive board, in partnership with the Emmaus Arts Commission welcomes submissions to the ECAIC Logo Design Competition to be held from November 8 to midnight of December 8.
The ECAIC is seeking artists to design an image for the Center’s logo and branding. The Emmaus Arts Commission will identify the top five designs, and the ECAIC executive board will select the winner.
The logo be used for all of the organizational promotions and branding, to include website, way finding signage at the property, t-shirts and other merchandise for sale. Collaborations are encouraged. Special consideration will be given to intergenerational team collaborations and design teams that cross conventional boundaries.
Please read below for all submission requirements.
- All professional and amateur artists are invited to enter the competition.
- Artists are not required to live in Emmaus, PA.
- Individuals or teams may submit no more than two entries (a separate Entry Form must accompany each submission).
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Center. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the board of directors of the Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Center.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- The Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Center reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the design challenge.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- Please note: artwork featuring sexually explicit or violent imagery will not be accepted.
How to Enter:
To enter the Emmaus Creative Arts & Innovation Design Competition eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form.
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to ECAIC at 375 S. 10th Street, Emmaus, PA 18049 or email to email@example.com by midnight December 8th, 2019.
A Selection Committee comprised of members of the Emmaus Arts Commission will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the brand and identity of life in Emmaus?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The selection committee will select up to five entries to be a part of the design competition, which will be hosted on the ECAIC website and social media platforms. The winning design will be selected by the ECAIC executive board and will receive notoriety, being mentioned in traditional and social media. The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.